Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekly workouts recap!

Its been a while since I have posted. This past week was unreal. So many after work commitments- all very good and lots of fun. That being said, I struggled to get my workouts in this week. But sticking to my do or die commitment, I squeezed in 3 workouts last week. They werent pretty, but I got them in.

A few weeks back, I borrowed my roommate's Nike Fuel band to get an idea of what a typical day looks like for me as far as how many steps I take, estimated calories burned, etc. This is what I learned: I burned ~1700 calories in one day (including 30 minute workout) and walk just over 5 miles in a day. This was good information and helps me know how much more I need to burn during my workouts if I want to continue to chase after my goals.

This week I am linking up with Meghan @ little girl in the big world for Weekly Workouts Recap.

I got to the gym Monday, Tuesday and Saturday. Monday's are always the easiest for me to get my workouts in because I watch the Bachelor and Biggest Loser while on the elliptical.

Tuesday was a struggle. I tried to complete a high intensity interval training (HIIT) workout, but struggled through it and only did about 10 minutes of it. I completed the 45 minutes, but it was rough!

Saturday I drug myself to the gym after a rough Friday night, but I knew I had to go because I made the goal of going 3x/week. I was able to complete the HIIT workout, but was only able to muster out 30 minutes. That being said, I did lift before the workout and was so stinking proud that I even made it to the gym!

Tonight is weigh in and also taking measurements. I set some pretty profound goals for myself and I am chasing after them! Will have an update this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment